Welcome to the last session of our Spring Up the Deal series!
As part of our Impact Funds Initiative, from March to June we are holding a series of online dealsharing sessions where EVPA members will present interesting deals for potential co-investment. Join us to learn more about these inspiring social ventures!
In this edition focusing on Fair Fashion, our members Enviu and Cartier Women’s Initiative will present:
- Discovered is an online marketplace for handmade products, ethically crafted by skilled artisans in emerging countries. By stocking directly from artisans, we streamlined the traditional supply chain to enable a higher sustainable income to the cultures that produce the goods while also providing the best value to our customers. (Enviu)
- Ananas Anam is the manufacturer of Piñatex®, an innovative natural textile made from the fibres of pineapple leaves. (Cartier Women’s Initiative)
This session will be broadcasted live from Impact City The Hague.
This event is part of our Impact Funds Initiative and is co-funded by the European Union, by the EaSI strand of the ESF+ programme.
- 15.00 – 15.05: introduction by Martijn
- 15.05 – 15.20: key note by Lisa Jordan/ DRK
- 15.20 – 15.30: time for Q&A
- 15.30 – 15.35: introduction company 1 by investor (Cartier).
- 15.35 – 15.45: pitch by the entrepreneur
- 15.45 – 16.55: Q&A
- 16.55 – 17.00: introduction company 2 by investor (Enviu)
- 17.00 – 17.10: pitch by entrepreneur
- 17.10 – 17.20: Q&A
- 17.20 – 17.30: Closing of the session.
Lisa Jordan is a senior philanthropic executive with a twenty year career focused on impact and systemic change. She is the founder of Aim for Social Change, a consultancy firm that focuses on social impact and Managing Director for the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation.
She has served as CEO of Bernard van Leer Foundation, CSO at Porticus Foundation and in leadership positions at the Ford Foundation.
Prior to her engagement in philanthropy Ms. Jordan was a founding director of the largest parliamentary body in the world focused on global environmental challenges (the Global Legislators Organization for a Balanced Environment (GLOBE). She started her career as a legislative assistant to Congressman Jim Scheuer (8th NY) and has led many non-profit programs and organizations in Europe and the United States.
Ms. Jordan is a well-known speaker on democracy and globalization. Ms. Jordan was recently named as one of the top ten ‘civic influencers’ in the Netherlands. She currently serves on three social enterprise boards. She is co-editor of ‘NGO Accountability: Politics, Principles and Innovations’ (2006, Earthscan). She is deeply committed to strengthening civil society. She acts as a consultant for many foundations on issues of strategy and blended financial approaches to achieve impact. Topics range from complex global issues like development, environment and globalization, to more stakeholder oriented programming on early childhood development, indigenous rights and the poor. She has numerous peer reviewed articles in Dutch, English and Spanish.
Ms. Jordan graduated cum laude in 1992 with a Master’s Degree in Development Studies from the Institute of Social Studies in The Hague, Netherlands. A U.S. national, she is married with two children.
Martijn is EVPA's Impact Funds Advisor. In past years he was an active impact investment practitioner at Hivos Impact Investments, where he was responsible for investor relations at the Hivos Food & Lifestyle Fund.
Martijn has been active as an entrepreneur since 2003 at JongeHonden and started investing in startups from 2007 onwards. He has expertise in impact investment particularly. He is co-founder of Dutch business angel network De Investeerdersclub, a co-chair of EBAN Impact and member of the Investment Committee of the Brabant Startup Fund.