They support innovation and high impact investment strategies to grow tomorrow's climate finance leaders. They help accelerate first- or second-time climate fund managers who have a well-defined investment strategy supported by strong pipeline and proven experience in investment management.
The ICFA is a 2 year acceleration program for start-up climate finance fund managers.
They select one cohort of maximum 4 fund managers each year and provide them with the following support:
- Support envelope: an envelope of EUR 80.000 to be used with our Luxembourg private partners to set up and further develop their fund project in terms of legal structuring, risk management, impact strategy etc. The EUR 80.000 will be reimbursed once your fund is launched.
- Working capital loan: a loan of EUR 200.000 from a Luxembourg bank, guaranteed by the Luxembourg State, to be used as working capital for fundraising, marketing, team development, pipeline building etc. The loan will be reimbursed over a period of 5 years once your fund has been launched.
- Training workshops: 5 full days of free training with our private partners over the course of the first year.
- Coaching: an experienced coach, who will dedicate time for you and your team for specific advice & feedback on your fund project.
- Working desk: a working desk at the House of Start-ups (www.host.lu) in Luxembourg, bringing together actors of change: start-ups, innovation hubs, accelerators, experts and corporates.