Tommy Hilfiger launches 3rd edition of Fashion Frontier Challenge
The Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge supports entrepreneurial start-up and scale-up stage businesses that develop solutions that make a positive social impact on the fashion landscape.
Tommy Hilfiger is pleased to announce that applications for the third edition of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge open from 6 January until 8 March 2021.
Since its inception in 2018, the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge has awarded €350,000 to entrepreneurs who stand up for what they believe in and are committed to driving change within their communities. Building on Tommy Hilfiger’s sustainability vision to Waste Nothing and Welcome All, the third edition of the programme strives to amplify and support black, indigenous and people of colour (BIPOC) entrepreneurs who are working to advance their communities and foster a more inclusive future of fashion. Consumers are also invited to get involved and help judge submissions.
Interested businesses are invited to submit project proposals that focus on creating a more inclusive fashion value-chain. Applicants will be narrowed down to six finalists who will be invited to develop their project plans virtually with the support of dedicated Tommy Hilfiger and external subject-matter experts. With training from an experienced pitch coach, finalists will present their final concept to a prestigious jury panel and associate audience at the global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge final event to be held in early 2022.
In a bid to further its ambitions of inclusivity, Tommy Hilfiger has extended an invitation to consumers to join in as Consumer Judges and help decide this year’s finalists. Consumer Judges will be tasked with narrowing down finalists from 200 to 50, with each being sent at least four applications to judge via the brand’s online microsite. Applications to become a Consumer Judge can be made through https://responsibility.pvh.com/tommy/fashion-frontier-challenge/ and close on 8 February.
The following programme prizes have been increased from previous years, providing winners with the ﬁnance and knowledge to grow their business idea:
- A total of €200,000 awarded between winners and a chance at an additional €15,000 prize for winning the “Audience Favorite Vote”
- A year-long mentorship with global Tommy Hilfiger’s internal experts,
- A place on the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Program (ISEP)
- A year-long INSEAD mentorship
How to apply
Please submit your application and find more information on the Make It Possible website.
I have applied - what next?
- You will be notified by latest June 2021 whether you have been selected for the second round of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge.
- If selected, you will be asked to provide additional information regarding your enterprise, including a one-minute pitch video. Please note that all applications should be in English and finalists will be required to pitch their business in English.
- Six finalists will be invited to further develop their business/project plans during a digital Design Sprint with the support of a team of dedicated internal Tommy Hilfiger associates and external specialists in October 2021.
- Finalists will then pitch their finalised concept at the global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge final event in early 2022, with a chance to win the prize package listed above.
In case of questions, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.