The IFI Dealsharing sessions 2021
Every month, EVPA organises a dealsharing sessions around a specific theme for the members of the Impact Funds Initiative to present ventures for potential co-investment.
As part of our Impact Funds Initiative, we are organising a series of sessions aiming to share deals for co-investment between our members. Each session is co-led by a member who is responsible for sourcing and sharing good deals.
Please find below the upcoming sessions.
These online events are for EVPA IFI members only. Should you be interested please contact Martijn Blom email@example.com.
Dealsharing session #5: Healthcare
24 November 2021 – 11.00 CET
Co-hosted by Maze
Introduction by Antonio Miguel from Maze:
This event is supported by the EU programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI).
Dealsharing session #4: Reducing food waste
12 May 2021 – 9.30 – 11.00 CEST
Co-hosted by DOEN Participaties and ImpactCity
Introduction by Stefan Baeke (Founder at Yespers)
- VanBoven predicts the harvest of fresh produce to perfectly align supply and demand. The result is decreased food waste, a resilient value chain and fair prices.
- Jack Bean is a sustainable food company that aims to inspire people to eat more plants and produces 100% plant-based fast cuisine
- Orbisk enables the world to reduce food waste, by making progressive technology available for everyday use. More information here.
Dealsharing session #3: Genderlens Investing in a development context
14 April 2021
Co-hosted by Artha Initiative (Rianta Capital)
Introduction by Suzanne Biegel (Catalyst at Large and Co-Founder, GenderSmart Investing)
- Tamul Plates (Assam, India): Tamul Plates produces and markets biodegradable disposable dinnerware, including plates of various shapes and sizes as well as cutlery, through community-owned micro-enterprises spread across north-east India. More information here.
- Aakar Innovations (Maharashtra, India): Aakar is a hybrid social enterprise that enables women to produce and distribute affordable, high-quality, fully compostable sanitary napkins (India’s first and only!) within their communities while simultaneously raising awareness and sensitization of menstrual hygiene management. More information here.
- Mela Artisans (Maharashtra, India): Mela Artisans promotes a sustainable livelihood for artisans, with a high focus on gender, by providing a customer base for their handmade products. More information here.
Dealsharing session #2: Environmental tech
10 March 2021
Co-hosted by Impact Agora
Introduction by Susannah McClintock (Investment Director at Sustainable Venture Development Partners)
- KITRO is a Swiss startup whose product tracks and reduces waste in commercial kitchens. Clients place their existing trash bins on top of a KITRO scale, above which an IOT device with a camera is mounted. More information here.
- Weedingtech kills weeds using hot water and a specially formulated biodegradable & organic foam, delivered by their patented machinery. More information here.
- SageTech is a health technology solution that recycles anaesthetic used during surgery. More information here.
Dealsharing session #1: Food & Agriculture
17 February 2021
Co-hosted by FASE
Introduction by Koen van Seijen (Senior Manager at Toniic)
- FarmEX is a farmer-centric, crop-agnostic digital platform connecting data-driven insights on farming, markets and finance to augment farmer yield and income. The heart of our offering is on-farm intelligence. More information here.
- SIRPLUS is a Berlin-based social enterprise which returns surplus food to the circulatory system by offering it for sale in its ‘rescue markets’ and via its online shop. More information here.
- SCOPEinsight is a Dutch enterprise which developed a market-led and data- driven standard to assess and advance agribusinesses’ professionalism and, as a next step, improve their access to key resources and market opportunities. More information here.
If you want more information about any of these ventures or would like to get in touch with one of the members who organised a session, please contact Martijn Blom firstname.lastname@example.org.